Sunday 12 February 2012

Techno magic

It's not often I give thanks for someone else's misfortune although I have to confess this is the second time in less than a week. But thanks to GB proving he is a real mortal after all when it comes to tecno things, and his connections to even smarter techno people, I now know about and have Postvorta installed here. 

It's over there on the left below Followers.

Everything that happens in computer land is magic to me and this is pure magic. It indexes everything on the blog and then helps you find them.  I don't know if anyone else would ever want to use it except to check that I'm not using bad language, but it will be a great aid to my memory when I need to go back to find something, or to see if that something is even there.

Thanks, Mark.  You're a legend.

And the other instance I rejoiced at someone else's misfortune?  Can't say a lot but I see it more as justice and it involves a neighbour, the police and a crop.

Oh, yes, it's raining!  Rural people are so boring about the weather, aren't they?

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're finding Postvorta useful.

    I think you are in the majority who use the search function only on their own blogs to remember what they have previously blogged about. I know it's very rare I search anyone else's blog but I'm forever hunting through my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show-off! I couldn't install a bicycle pump on a bicycle, much less a clever gadget on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pauline,

    So glad to hear your neighbours have had some decent people visit them. Love the photos of your fairy lawn in the previous post.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    Rural people can at least start a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Postvorta?? Ya lost me on that one! Glad you are getting some much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rain can be so annoying but at the same time is sneeded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pauline, your blog has a good clean look, easy to read, and you even have a way to search your posts for what we want to find. You rock.

    Justice is a good thing, yes?

    We get snow but not much rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a very interesting tool. Thanks Pauline! It's raining here today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been mortal it's just that I have an endless supply of patience when it comes to solving other people's computer issues. Like being a lawyer it's not knowing how to solve the problem but identifying the problem and knowing where to find the solution! But I agree so far as Mark and Postvorta are concerned - in New Zealand terms he's legend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!