Saturday 7 October 2017

Warmer


Georgia and I had a taste of summer yesterday.  It was warm enough for her to have a little lay down in the sun  at the lake.  She was looking for tadpoles, didn't see any.  I was more interested in this spring's ducklings but they were too cunning for me, kept out of reach of my camera.  They are quite well grown, will be leaving the lake soon.

 

Earlier she had been doing a few back bending jobs for me at the lodge.   How I envy her young back!  We also enjoyed a walk in the bush.  It's not every day you see a plank over a stream secured with a pink rope.  The plank is for those who don't like to get their feet wet.  I don't mind mine getting wet but like the plank - there is less chance of slipping on the wet stones.  The rope is to stop the plank being washed away every time there is heavy rain in the mountain.  Even little streams like this can turn into torrents with enough rain.  And, as I am constantly harping on, there has been a lot of rain this winter.  Oh, and there aren't planks on any other streams in the forest.  This track is the most frequently used by visiting school groups as it leads to the confidence course. 



4 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a lovely spring, and i'm so happy for you! If someone put planks with ropes at the other streams, i am guessing others might be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring Pauline! This looks a beautiful place to spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. You know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely way to spend your day! Happy Springtime :D)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know who's visiting. Leave me a sign!